How do our bee removal services work?
In almost all situations in built up urban areas, the bees cannot be physically taken away. The safest, fastest and most economical bee removal solution is to destroy their hives quickly and effectively using a non-hazardous, specialised, professional treatment.
WR Gay is able to offer this, as well as:
- Fast, prompt & reliable service
- 100% work guarantee
- Specialisation in walls, vents and chimneys
- Non-hazardous bee removal treatments
- Treatment will not harm “beneficial” or native bees in area
- Bee control advice on reducing future issues
- Appointment times to suit you
- Friendly expert staff with local knowledge
- A trusted family owned and operated business for over 59 years
- Best value & service guaranteed
The bee removal methods that WR Gay Pest Control Melbourne employ are non-hazardous, odourless, and don’t require your home or property to be vacated during or after the treatment. You will need to avoid the treatment area until all bees have gone, which is usually within one hour.
Call us today to book an appointment or find out more about our bee removal services for your Melbourne property.
Further information about bees and how they can affect your home or business
The bees that are encountered in Melbourne as swarms or established colonies in buildings and structures are non-native feral European bees. These bees are equally as noxious as rabbits, foxes or cane toads and can displace or eliminate our local native species. They also present a significant risk to people and pets through painful and/or potentially life threatening stings and attacks, which is why many residents and business owners in Melbourne rely on bee control services.
Common situations in which bees can become a significant pest or threat if left unattended to include:
- Swarms are often encountered as a mass of 1,000ʼs of bees either on a bush or tree, or on the wall of a building or structure. Potentially extremely dangerous if disturbed or interfered with.
- An established nest or colony are often found in a wall, vent, a chimney or other sheltered environment and can be identified by a constant “stream” of bees coming and going from the specific point. Potentially extremely dangerous if disturbed.
- Scout Bees are persistent bees that are effectively “reconnaissance bees” for the main colony or swarm looking for suitable locations to establish a new colony. Moderately dangerous, especially “lost” bees that penetrate inside a home, and although almost dead, can still inflict a full and potent sting.
- “Robber” or Return Bees are often when an old or established nest is eliminated and the entry holes are not blocked up, or the honey and comb are not removed, then hungry “Robber Bees” will systematically remove any leftover or residual honey from the nest. These bees are only moderately dangerous and will only appear randomly and inconsistently.
Overall, bees can be quite dangerous to both people and pets. Contact WR Gay today and let us take care of your bee removal in an expert and efficient way.